Sunday, May 10, 2015

Acanya for my acne

I have terrible acne and my doctor gave me a script for Acanya. Is this good for my skin disorder?
Acanya is a medication that is a combination of an antibiotic (clindamycin) and benzyl peroxide. Also known as Duac or Benzalin, it is one of the most common topical ointments for the treatment of acne. When applied to acne, the antibiotic is supposed to stop growth of acne causing bacteria. The benzyl peroxide helps reduce oil production and keeps the pores open. Unfortunately, this is not a great combo for acne. Less than 1% of people with acne see any difference in their skin after using the drug. Only the very mild forms of acne respond to this drug. If you have mild acne, then you should not be mucking around with drugs in the first place. In my experience, throw the script away- it is a waste of money. Acanya is for foolish and gullible people with acne, who are too dumb to visit a skin doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment