Friday, September 6, 2013

Surgery on the appendix


I had a ruptured appendix and had urgent surgery 3 days later. I remained in hospital for 6 more days, I am now having low grade fever and do not feel well, what should I do?
 
Generally after a ruptured appendix, one of the biggest concerns afterwards is development of a pelvic abscess or pus collection deep in the lower abdomen. Most people develop a fever, have no appetite and feel like crap.

I think it would be wise to see the surgeon as soon as possible; A Ct scan will help make the diagnosis of a pelvic abscess. In general, the treatment for a small pelvic abscess is antibiotics. If the abscess is large, it may be drained via the rectum or with the use of CT scan. In some cases, you may need to be opened up again.

If the ruptured appendix was missed, no adequate tests were done, or if you were discharged prematurely and the surgery was delayed, go get yourself a good lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment